Lori Hager has extensive law firm experience and concentrates her practice in litigation, corporate counseling and intellectual property. She has experience in all phases of litigation including jury trials, bench trials, appellate practice, arbitration, and mediation. Lori has litigated and resolved numerous types of commercial claims and intellectual property claims, including shareholder disputes, claims for breach contract and breach of licensing agreements, trade secret, copyright, patent and trademark infringement claims. She is experienced in practicing before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office concerning trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings.
Lori’s intellectual property practice focuses on preparation and prosecution of copyright and trademark applications. She assists clients with the efficient creation and utilization intellectual property portfolios by drafting effective license agreements, concurrent use agreements, and collaboration agreements.
Lori supports her clients in their efforts to monetize intellectual property by using the most creative and cost effective legal solutions.
Lori has extensive experience with general corporate legal guidance. She acts as corporate counsel to a number of businesses, consulting in areas that include corporate strategy, corporate structure, licensing matters, sales and marketing strategy, employment issues, shareholder/membership concerns and other transactional topics.
Lori served as judicial clerk for the Honorable Sybil R. Moses, Assignment Judge for the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County.
• All aspects of litigation
• Trademark preparation and prosecution
• Intellectual property portfolio management and protection
• Developing trademark and copyright strategies
• Commercial counseling
• Entity formation and startup
• “Outside general counsel” for companies and corporations
• Corporate governance
• Operating and shareholder agreements
• License agreement drafting or review
• Independent contractor agreements
• Non-disclosure, non-solicitation and non-competition agreements
• Master services agreements
• Contract dispute resolution
• June 27, 2019, Lori P. Hager will present at the International Intellectual Property Society (IIPS) chapter meeting held in New York, New York.
• May 22, 2019, Lori P. Hager will present Internet Retailer Lock Down: Taking Back Your Client’s Brand from Hijackers and Counterfeiters at the International Trademark Association Round Table Events in Boston Massachusetts
• April 30, 2019, Lori P. Hager presented Potholes and Speed Traps on the Information Superhighway: Protect Your Client’s Materials Online and Avoid Copyright Infringement at the Morris Essex Small Firm Networking Group in Caldwell New Jersey
• March 29, 2019, Lori P. Hager will present Sexual Harassment and the Ethics Rules 2019: What has changed? NOTHING! for Paralegals at the 2019 Paralegal Educational Symposium hosted by the South Jersey Paralegal Association.
• March 12, 2019, Lori P. Hager will present at the International Intellectual Property Society (IIPS) chapter meeting held in New York, New York.
• March 23, 2018, Lori P. Hager presented on Legal Ethics and Communication for Paralegals at the 2018 Paralegal Educational Symposium hosted by the South Jersey Paralegal Association.
• January 25, 2018, Lori P. Hager presented on the benefits of creating corporate entities to protect personal assets at Office Evolutions, Inc. held in Somerville, New Jersey.
• October 5, 2017 and December 7, 2016 Lori P. Hager presented on commercial and residential Landlord Tenant Law for at the New York City Bar Association Bridge The Gap symposium held in New York, New York.
• March 21, 2017 Lori P. Hager presented on Localizing Foreign License Agreements at the International Intellectual Property Society (IIPS) chapter meeting held in New York, New York.
• December 7, 2016 Lori P. Hager presented on trademark protection for Not-For-Profit Entities for Nisivoccia, LLP held in Randolph, New Jersey.