Daniel J. Gross, PARTNER
(Patent Attorney; Mechanical; Electrical; Trademarks) Daniel Gross counsels clients ranging from Fortune 100 to startup companies on a full range of intellection property services, including patent and trademark prosecution, opinions, agreement negotiations, and litigation. Daniel brings corporate experience from his work as in-house counsel at a financial technology company, and works with clients to develop and execute patent and trademark strategies driven by business objectives.
Daniel also works closely with technology incubators and accelerators based in and around the New York metropolitan area to counsel a variety of startup companies. This experience, along with his in-house work and research experience as a WIPO Senior Fellow for Fordham Law School’s Center on Law and Information Policy, gives Daniel a unique perspective on the technical aspects of invention and innovation and allow him to provide strategic business advice to a wide range of clients.
- Patent and trademark preparation and prosecution
- Intellectual property portfolio management
- Developing patent and trademark strategies
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- An Introduction to Patent Law to the Brooklyn Law Incubator and Policy Clinic (BLIP) at Brooklyn Law School on February 27, 2019.
- Trademark Prosecution Strategies in the USPTO in Tokyo, Japan, on February 22, 2018.
- Claim Construction and Why it Matters for Prosecution in Tokyo, Japan, on February 21, 2018.
- Indirect Infringement in Tokyo, Japan, on February 20, 2018.
- Overcoming Obviousness Rejections in Yokohama, Japan, on February 19, 2018.
- An Introduction to Patents and Trademarks for Startups at the Futureworks Incubator on January 31, 2019.
- “Presentation to Startups” at Futureworks Incubator in New York City, October 19, 2017
- “US Patent Drafting and Prosecution Strategies From a European Perspective” at RGTH in Hamburg, Germany, May 19, 2017
- Seminar at the Brooklyn Law School IP Clinic (BLIP) in New York City, March 01, 2017
- Seminar at Yachay Ciudad Del Conocimiento in Yachay Ecuador, December 14, 2016
- “An Overview of Patent Law + Patent Searching Workshop” at CCNY in New York City, November 26, 2014
- “An Introduction to Intellectual Property” at Yeshiva University High School for Boys (MTA) in New York City, November 25, 2014
- “An Overview of Intellectual Property for Engineers” at CCNY in New York City, November 25, 2014
- “Laura N. Gasaway: Pocket Copyright Guide for Publishers in Publishing Research Quarterly: Volume 30, Issue 4 (2014), Page 416-418,” published October 21, 2014
- “Leveraging Intellectual Property in Developing your Business,” presented at the Zahn Center, May 2, 2013
- Overview of Intellectual Property, presented at City College of New York, March 14, 2013
- “The Impact of the Acquisition and use of Patents on the Smartphone Industry,” presented at the Fordham Center on Law and Information Policy, WIPO Workshop, December 3, 2012
- “THE IMPACT OF THE ACQUISITION AND USE OF PATENTS
ON THE SMARTPHONE INDUSTRY,” published December 13, 2012